OMG What A Wonderful Bus Journey


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So i got up at 7.30am after not such a good nights sleep and my stomach was still in knots and i packed up my gear to head to the travel agency as you had to be there before the bus leves at 9am and so i grabbed a light breakie and some sandwiches for the journey and headed up to the agency.

When i bought the ticket i was told that the was a bus to Puno and then it was another bus direct to Cusco and what a load of cack that was, so at the agency i bumped into Ian again and so we sat together the whole journey on boith buss and so it was good to have the company.

As it turned out the bus from Puno to Cusco stopped fecking everywhere it seemed and the must have been at least 15 stops and the was women coming on trying to sell cheese etc and a woman came on with a massive piece of meat and cut it with a nice unclean rusty looking knife and was doing it right next to me which was great.

On the way i chatted to some swedish girls and a south african guy called ian who lives in london. after leaving at 9am we got to Cusco at 7.30pm and i grabbed a taxi with Ian to a hostel called Loki and run by the same firm as the one i stayed in in Lima, it seems better than the one in Lima.

So i got a 10 bed dorm room and went t the shop next door and got stuff to make an omlette and then i sat and chatted with Ian and some irish guys and had a beer and was up till about 12.30 and decided to call it a day.

I was kept up most of the night with the trotts which aint great and this morning i had breakfast and chatted with some swedish girls from my room and they gave me some stomach stuff they have and hopefully that helps.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb