Cool Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
April 15th 2008
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after getting up i met up with Ian and John and the Irish guys from the night before and had the hostel breakie of tea and jam and bread, oh i do love hostel breakkies and so i ordered egg on toast and the was no butter on the toast and Ian and John ordered bacon butties and no butter either. Toast and butties with no butter whats the world coming to.

After chatting and using the internet and stuff, me, ian and john headed to the main plaza and had a look round and then headed to an irish bar for the first beer of the day and then we wondered some more and visted a local market. John wanted to book an inca trek so we went around a few agencys aswell to see if he could get a last mintute trek.

We then headed back to the hostel and had a couple more beers and lunch and i had a veggie sandwich and john had a blt and neither had butter.....lol, we checked some stuff on the internet and then we headed out to peru treks who i have my trek with to see if they had any last mintute treks, we got there and it was closed till 4pm and we had twenty mintutes to kill and so we went for another beer, did you notice the reoccuring theme here...haha.

Peru treks did not have any trek places but suggested another agency and while there i checked my booking and the amount i owe to pay the balance of the trip, we then headed to the other agency and they had a trek the next day but it was not the usual trail and was more than what me and ian had paid for out treks and so john wanted to mull it over. It turns out that john nad ian both worked at HSBC but one floor apart and had never met till now and when in the irish bar we met a scouse couple who id met in Copacabana and john had met in La Paz.

We then headed to the hostel and i put myself down for the irish stew veggie option and Ian and John put down for the stew and we had to wait till 8.30 to eat and i was starving, while waiting on food we chatted and drank more and i wacthed a girls video of her bungee jump earlier that day and im tempted to do one here myself, maybe tomorrow.

Then john went to book the trek having made his mind up and im looking after his laptop and stuff for him while he is on it and me and Ian and the irish guys and an aussie girl formed a team for a charity pub quiz and we came third.....lol and the swedish girls from my room had a team and won.

We then had some rum and cokes and me, ian and john went to the main plaza and hit a few bars which were playing cheesy europop and we eventually found a decentish place and carried on drinking and dancing there till about 5am and a good portion of the hostel was there, as usual in south america the was some drug usage in the toliets, i have dabbled in my past, but i prefer achol these days, its still harmful im sure but less so.

Then 6 of us all pilled into a kia pride taxi which was dead funny, not safe but it was just 2 mins up the hill and we were all too wrecked to walk.

I manged to loase a 10 sole note and the bobble of my chile wolly hat, good fun though and tonight will be an early night, i was up at 11am this morning and today was a chiiled out day till the afternoon when i did a 122mtr bungee jump and then came back to the hostel and did two shots of devils blood cocktail.

I did the bungee with ben and dave from Oz and tuss from sweden and it was scary and yet so much fun, i then had curried chips in the hostel bar and watched a movie at the hostel and had a quite night with Ian and the irish guys and an aussie guy we met last night whos at the hostel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb