Sugar Rush in Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
April 10th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I don´t think I have ever felt so relieved to get off a bus. Ok maybe, but never one that was supposed to be so short and straightforward.

Anyhoodle, we picked up our bags and headed for the nearest HI hostel (expensive yet clean..) for a quick reshuffle and then it was off to explore Sucre.

It rained, so we breakfasted at the first place that was open. Bellies full we visited La Casa de la Libertad and learnt all about Bolivian, and Latin American independence. We also saw some very cool furniture. Oh, and we found several chocolate boutqiues and tasted their wares. We explored the plaza, but were still hungry, so headed for an early lunch at Joyride. I heart their hot chocolate.

Post lunch we hiked up the somewhat steep hill to La Recoleta, and thankfully the sky had cleared so we had some lovely views over the city. Unfortunately the museum was closed, so we headed back down again.

We then caught the dino-bus (its a truck but has claws on the front) out to the Fancesa Quarry to check up some millions of years old dino footprints. They were pretty cool. There are also lots of models of dinos and a soundtrack to match. We took dino shaped chocolate and acted like 5 year olds. Much fun.

Back in town we had some mean tacos before an early bed.

All we dreamed about was a hot shower and a mean breakfast for our good Friday. It delivered on both counts. Our breakfast choice (that had promised to be open) was closed, so we headed back to Joyride for the Tree-Hugger´s Breakfast - muesli, fruit & yogurt with juice and coffee. And we needed another hot chocolate for the road.

Next stop Potosí. Altitude 4060m above sea level (= cold!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0882s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb