And now for the sun


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
January 13th 2023
Published: January 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

A beautiful day in Ushuaia which has helped only a little with our generally grey and sombre mood. Our last wake up call yesterday morning and a quick breakfast before we disembarked, bid a sad farewell to the crew and were bundled on a bus for drop off in town. We walked to our Airbnb which was thankfully ready early, unloaded our stuff and did some much-needed washing. Some pottering around the shops (bought the bloody penguin!), back to our favourite empanada restaurant before picking up some supplies and heading back to our little haven and indulging in photos and rest.

We all welcomed bed, but found the uncharacteristic noise difficult to get used to…but the fresh air was a god send! Awoke to a beautiful sunny day so decided to make the most of it by heading to Tierra Del Fuego National Park. Found the shuttle bus stop and were dropped off at Bahia Lapataia to do a few short walks and enjoy a different view of nature. It was nice to spend some time in the trees again!

It was hot in the sun but as the afternoon progressed and we made our way to the visitors’ centre for our bus back, the wind increased and kicked up a lot of dust from the road. A quick drink stop and some beautiful views before the chaos of six different shuttle bus companies all leaving from the same spot at the same time, each with different tickets and passengers (even though they only have 4 services a day, everyone runs on the same timetable - logic and efficiency paramount as ever).

It was good to get out and stretch the legs and enjoy some time in a different environment but we’ve certainly noticed the 10ish days without exercise…and with excess food consumption!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb