From one extreme to another


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
January 15th 2023
Published: January 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in the south dawned…probably just as well as we were running out of socks and things to do in Ushuaia. We had a lazy morning lie in and headed into town for coffee (though we could still have been waiting for Thursday’s) and lunch. Wandered to the prison museum, and although we initially balked at the admission cost, we really enjoyed what was on offer. It documented the history of settlement of the region - founded as a penal colony in the late 1800s and the maritime exploration in the area, including a large exhibition on Antarctica. The old cells housed each little piece of the story.

Retuned back to our cosy cabin before our final celebratory dinner - king crab. The girls refused to partake so Geoff and I shared one. It was tasty but I’m no altogether convinced worth the cost and effort of cutting up. You’ve gotta do it once I guess.

Packing began in earnest the following morning for what we knew would be an ordeal in patience flying to Puerto Iguazu. We were not wrong. After the last experience, we were sure to pack food…unfortunately also had to pack our massive coats - probably not that useful in 35+ degrees and 700% humidity.

Nonetheless we persevered through the lack of food, lack of air conditioning and general chaos that was two connecting flights to IGR. We arrived, together with our bags and were efficiently collected from the airport and delivered to our hotel, so not too much to complain about. Particularly once our bellies were full of a late night snack of chips and empanadas! We had made it from the very south to the furthest north!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.6kb