We passed!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
January 2nd 2023
Published: January 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

I have done many tests and exams in my time but I don’t think I’ve ever been as nervous as getting a cotton tip shoved up my nose in a random Argentinian clinic. After stressing myself senseless over the past few days (let’s be honest, months and weeks), I think I had basically maxed out and was resigned to whatever fate the Q tip would bring.

Spoiler alert: it’s all in the title.

Started the day with breakfast at the hotel, and, having failed yesterday’s mission to seal our fate, we headed back to the clinic for some brain tickling action. They assured us that we’d have the results in 2-3 hours. Lucky we had some experience in their prowess in the whole organisational competency thing, so when they still hadn’t turned up in my inbox, Geoff walked back and had them printed. Lucky, since Eloise’s inexplicably continues to remain elusive.

To occupy ourselves in the 2-3 (infinite) waiting period, we headed for lunch and decided to sample some of the local specialities at El Viejo Marino - lots of seafood and crabs, fresh out of the tank…which Beeb remained convinced were coming to attack throughout the meal. They did keep waving at each of their tank mates as it went off to its fate. But the pouring rain persisted so we retreated to the hotel.

Once we had the good news firmly printed on A4, we felt we could really FINALLY relax. Had a splash in the (new) hotel pool which was fun and then checked off all our boarding requirements for the trip. There was barely a glance at the much-scrutinised vaccination certificates!

Celebrated our test success with a meal of Fuegan Lamb and, of course, Malbec before retiring to a much needed relaxing sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb