Rosario


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Fe » Rosario
April 5th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Rosario is a super town located 4 hours north of Buenos Aires and we headed there as it has a massive student population so we thought there would be some good music and bar action going on. Its the home of the Argentine flag which was designed by General Belgrano - the monument to the flag is amazing and everyone hangs out there at night.It is also the birthplace of Che Guevara so we wanted to check out where he grew up.
As we arrived on Palm Sunday we headed to the main plaza as dusk fell as we wanted to see the plam Sunday procession. It was really lovely; all the town turned out with olive branches to watch the procession of Jesus on the donkey and all the kids dressed up to hold their palms. We stayed and watched unti the service was over and then headed down towards the river. We watched a student ska band that was playing for a bit and then got distracted by a group of kids dancing Capoeira which is a martial arts dance that originated in Brasil. Jim did his own version on the way back to the hostel. I doubt he could take anyone out with it but it had comedy value.
We only had 2 days in Rosario so we checked out a museum and then went on a lake in the park in a pedelo which was mildly diverting; then we went to the river beach which was lovely if you like swimming in a dirty river with massive cargo ships going down it - but we made friends with a nice dog and everyone loves random dog friends. Jim made me go in the lift to the top of the bandera to see the view but I liked it when we were at the top.
Rosario is a really good town to visit to see a different city life compared to Buenos Aires - its laid back and vibey and good fun. Next stop Iguazu falls 20 hours north next to the border with Brasil...loving Argentina, its so welcoming and has so many beautiful landscapes and cool cities and places to visit.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb