Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Iguazu fallsIguazu fallsIguazu falls

Stunner!
(Beck)
After exhausting the delights of Rosario we headed north to the Border of Brazil to see the spectacular Falls at Iguazu. We chose to book into the Hostel Inn in Peurto Iguazu; described as the club med of hostels the pool and bar did not dissapoint, and we bought some tickets for the bbq and show they were putting on that night. It was a shame they did not put some of the profits from the poolside bar into the dorms though as they were completely rubbish and run down.
Claire and James arrived after their journey from Posadas and we settled down to our asado and samba show. It consisted of 2 ladies with nipple tassles getting blokes up on the stage and shaking their Bums around. One terrified israeli lad had to lick the ladies bum and then everyone did a conga round the pool. We sat in stunned silence and then finally gave in to hysterics when the limbo pole came out. Imagine a backpackers 18-30´s night out - thats Hostel Inn Iguazu. The jurys out on whether it was funny or horrendous, Im still not sure which.
The next day we duisted off our nipple tassles
OlofOlofOlof

He digs those falls
and headed to the national park to see the main attraction, the stunning falls. We opted to do 2 walks that day and return at night to see the devils throat area of the falls in the moonlight. The train journey at night was spectacular, gorgeous smells from the jungle and the sight of the falls, which are immense, in the moonlight was just brilliant. If you are going to Iguazu then going at full moon time to do this trip is absolutely worth changing travel times for!
We made sure we had our bus booked to go to Cordoba the next day and then decided to head back to the falls to do the Macuco nature trail - not so popular but blissfully free of people and wandered around looking at the spiders and massive ants for a bit. Then it was back to Hostel bum shake to get our bags and head to the bus station to get the 10.30pm overnight bus. We got some coffees and then checked the tickets to give Claire and James theirs and comedy Jim jokingly uttered the immortal words "but they say 10.30am".
But for once actually he wasnt joking and we had bought 4 tickets for the 10.30 am bus to Cordoba. As it was Easter weekend all travel was booked solid and also all hotels...Easter means serious celebartion in Latin America. We checked into the Hostel Oasis next to the bus station, marvelling at how quiet it was until we saw we were sharing a 10 bed dorm with a Peruvian pan pipe band who were busking the restaraunts In Iguazu and the one and only toilet drained onto the floor when you used it and the shower was above the loo so if you wanted a shower you had to sit on the loo and turn it on. Claire became slightly hysterical at this point so we all had a wee shower and then a beer.
The next day we decided to not go to Cordoba as it had bought us bad luck and instead head straight to Mendoza to ride horses and get drunk on Malbec. We filled our last day in Iguazu in a nature park with an excellent guide - they help injured birds of prey and re-release them. A huge spider fell on me. It was green and massive with at least 500 eyes. I
Hostel InnHostel InnHostel Inn

Its a bum shaker
managed to hold in the full blown hysterics so everyone thought I was well hard. I cant stop thinking about it now though.
So that was the end of Iguazu, the town that makes it impossible for you to leave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb