Moreno Glacier... wow!!


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey,
Just got back from my day tour to Moreno glacier. That´s truly an amazing sight. By some crazy geographical coincidence a glacier that ends within about 20m of a penisular that you can view from. And plus there´s bits of ice cracking off noisily all the time - a real photographers dream.

Well it was a beautiful day out there, till the last hour when the rain came... I´m going to post some photos asap, but alas I failed to get the classic iceberg falling off the glacier shot - typical as soon as your backs turned for a second they fall,,, and then you´re there for an hour camera at the ready and nothing happens!

Anyway this morning I said goodbye to my travel companions since Chalten, Ed aka the Mong from UK and Kat from Ghent (Belgium)... Hope i might see them again as we had some fun 😊 Tonight i´m dining on steak and beer and wine for $5 total! And el calafate is expensive by argentinian standards.

Things aren´t going all smoothly,,, the list of things i´ve lost increases (my hanky) and i just heard my car back home has been the victim of a hit and run... oh well...

Tried to set up a trip to Torres del Paine today,,, but there´s not enough time and the costs are just too much.. so going to have an easy last couple of days here. Might do some horse riding at an estancia on saturday. Then back to Buenos Aires on sunday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb