Another day in the life....


Advertisement
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday I ventured off on a 8 hour hike to see Cerro Fitz Roy.. Something that was not even on my list till i had met the mexican guys from Buenos Aires. It was supposedly a 4 hour hike each way.. but i only had my day pack so it took a little under 3.5hours... The sight was AMAZING... I met a brit and a guy from LA on the top and by the time we got there there were only 5 other people up there. By the time i took a nap there were about 70 people up top.. good timing... wish i could upload the pictures but it takes forever and i dont want to sit in front of a computer that long.. We ended up trekking a little further along and saw the most spectacular blue lake I have ever seen. We talked about how it looked so much like something created on a computer... Harrison, the brit, said he liked it better than machu pichu but i strongly disagreed. Either way it was a long trek and I had yet to find the mexican guys I was supposed to rent a car and head south with... until halfway back to town in the middle of the trail. I wasnt able find them again when i was in buenos aires, even though we were in the same hostel and i couldnt find them here in El Chalten even though there is probably only 40 people staying here in 4 rooms.... Either way we compared scheduales and it looks as if we will meet back en el calafate at the rentacar place... who knows.. No one ever spends too too much time in the hostel so its difficult to meet up, but i still love not having a cell phone and not being tied down to anything.... Tommorow i will head to Glacier Moreno and attempt to get on a tour of the glacier with crampons, its an all day tour and a little expensive (for here and home moneywise) but who knows the next time i am down here again... but hopeful it is soon. also in this town they just got an atm last week... i thought that was kinda funny.. but was glad they had it when i had changed my mind to stay an extra night and wanted to go out to eat....

Chow for now


-Eric

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb