My traveling begins...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Chaltén
January 7th 2009
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I have finally left the confinements of the big city. woke up at 4am in Buenos Aires to head to the airport to El Calafate. I then booked a bus to head to El Chalten, Patagonia, to begin my first day of hiking tomorrow. It has been a long day of traveling but all went well and i was able to find a hostel here in El Chalten, even though it was expensive.... still less than 20us for a night. and as a bonus it inlcudes a towel, this is the first to provide a towel, the second hostel to provide toilet paper as the first hostel did not... ha ha.. what do you expect for 10us a night... It is very windy here but upon entering the area we were forced to stop and listen to a talk from a park ranger. It turned out well as it was very informative. The weather here is very nice, considering what they normally get. The ranger said we were lucky to have such weather for taoday and the next coupe days as most people come ehre for only a day or two and sometimes never get the view we were able to have. on a side note the ranger was excited about the fact that the town just got an atm this past week.... gotta love it.....It was the first day i had to were a jack and this is only due to the wind. All is well... im off to dinner. Tomorrow I think I will head back to El Calafate.. I end up going on the internet here more than I do at home... its easier.. i dont have to turn on the computer or plan to do it.. i just stop in a shop and pay anywhere from 30 cents to 2 bucks for half an hour.... much more reasonable than spain if i remember corectly.. adios for now...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb