Iguazu Forest and Wildlife Reserve


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Model A In Puerto IguazuModel A In Puerto IguazuModel A In Puerto Iguazu

This one's for you, Dad.
Today, we spent the day exploring the Iguazu National Forest. Here we explored the forest floor through hiking trails that led us back to streams and small waterfalls that sit deep in the forest. Once out in the middle of the forest like that, it is quite understandable why anti-bug creams and sprays are so important here. Had none of us put the stuff on, we would have all been eaten alive and most likely gotten yellow fever or something as equally nasty. Some of the trails that we were on reminded me of home, where my father and I built a trail down the river bank to a small "tree house" at the bottom. The stairs running down the hills were done exactly how we had done ours. After spending a few hours hiking through the forest, we returned back to Puerto Iguazu ate lunch and ventured to our next small excursion.

The next stop on our trip was at a natural wildlife reserve where they took in animals that had been illegally obtained and work to rehabilitate them to their natural environment. They also worked with endangered species trying to increase the population by breeding in captivity. I was surprised by the number of animals that they had including toucans, vultures, various species of monkeys as well as several birds of prey and even a capybara, the largest rodent in the world, and yes it is very big.

After this excursion, we returned to the hotel and rested up for the long day ahead of us when we'd finally get to see the Catamarcas (Iguazu Falls).


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MonkeyMonkey
Monkey

The wild live preservation area had several habitats with different kinds of monkeys.
Wild MonkeyWild Monkey
Wild Monkey

I caught this little guy on camera as he swung out to try to grab someone's hair.
Capybera Capybera
Capybera

Biggest rodent species in the world. You can't tell by looking at the picture, but hes standing about 2 feet tall and about 3 feet long.


19th May 2010

cool model a
Looks to be a 28 or 29 with a few modifications. There's an Argentine who has great taste in cars! Thanks.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb