Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Walkway Walkway Walkway

The Walkway out to the Devils Throat
We got up early in the morning with very little needed to coax us from our beds. We knew today we were about to see one of the great wonders of the world, Iguazu Falls. The ride on the bus there had a very exciting atmosphere and you could almost feel the humidity climb as we grew closer to the falls.

Once inside the park, you could look over the trees and see the mist from the falls rise over the trees making us want to hurry as quickly as possible to get to them. We hopped a small electric train to take us to the station that was closest to the main attraction, La Garganta del Diablo, or the Devils Throat. Little did we know that we had to stay on the train after the first stop and wait for the second if we wanted to go see the Devils Throat, so a few minutes later we found ourselves walking along the side of the tracks following the route that the train had taken only minutes before, except on foot it would take us nearly 30 minutes longer to get there.

Once to the station that was close
ApproachingApproachingApproaching

Water coming up from the Devils Throat
to the Devils Throat, we continued on a metal walkway that took us out over the river and towards the falls. This walk was another 3/4 of a mile at least and took us another 10 to 15 minutes. Though the excitement had all but disappeared as we were getting closer to the mist that the falls threw up and we could now hear the rumbling of water hitting rock.

Once over the falls, you forget to take a picture at first. You simply want to stand and stare at the amazing creation that was put here on earth. The sheer size of the falls as well as the scenery around it made it look like something out of a dream. The pictures that I took do not nearly do it justice.

Later, we explored the upper section of waterfalls which were not as big as the Garganta del Diablo but they were definitely as spectacular, if not more. We also had the opportunity to board a boat and be taken under the falls. Needless to say, we all got completely soaked. My clothes would not dry out until days later... My Ipod was less lucky, being in my bag which was not waterproof as I had thought. But I would have gladly sacrificed my Ipod to do this trip, it was so amazing.

I will almost certainly return in the future to see the falls again. Hopefully in the near future when my sister, aunt and father come to visit me in Argentina near the end of my trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Waterfalls Waterfalls
Waterfalls

Waterfalls we went under in a boat.


19th May 2010

AWESOME!
I cannot wait!
21st May 2010

Spectacular Falls
We didn't know such falls existed. So glad you got to see them. We look forward to seeing your pictures when you return. We are enjoying your blogs. We knew very little about Argentina except that it was in S. America and very long. We will look up these places if the World Book shows them. It does and we even saw a small picture of the Iguazu Falls. Not as good as yours. Keep having good trips. This is a trip of a lifetime. Thinking of you and praying always. Love Nana and Papa

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb