Waterfalls from the gods


Advertisement
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It got off to a wonderful start.......an overnight bus - 16 hours..........with first class service and a flat bed! If only we could afford this on flights. It made the journey fly by - 2 films, tasty dinnner and a nice sleep to boot.

To see the falls close up is to understand why the indigenous peoples worshipped the Water God.
It really is awe inspiring. Once one gets over the frenzy of photo taking for the every improving angle shots there is so much time to just look, listen and appreciate the full view and wonder of it. As Gordon put it...so much water pouring down and it just never runs out.

We didn´t get to the Brazil side because they make Australians get VISAs and this little Australian didn´t have one. To be honest though, we spend 1 1/2 days taking in the Argentian views and these were impressive enough. Touristy highlight was the boat into the base of the falls of course.......very wet and lots of fun.

On top of the waterfalls we also saw some new animals....Coatis... they look a bit like anteaters and are extermely haibutated to humans in the park so are cheeky little monkeys who try and sniff out what´s in your bag or shoes.

We experienced our First Argentinian BBQ at the hostel - more meat than we could eat and tasty salads with red wine...something we´ll try and get use to whilst we have the opportunity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb