Iguazu Falls / Puerto Iguazu


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!! Iguazu Falls is one of the most amazing displays of nature I've ever seen. We got to the falls from Puerto Iguazu (a 45 minute bus ride to the park). We unfortunately got there kind of on the later side as we were trying to book an overnight bus to Salta for the next day. But even only getting to spend 4 hours at the cataratas was so worth it. Since it was Amy's birthday we decided to splurge and do the tour. A 30 minute ride in a 20 seater jeep/truck through the jungle, then into a large speed boat to rapid down to the falls, where we get to take lots of close up pictures. We were then told to put our cameras in a water proof bag, so that the boat could then get REALLY close to the falling water. We went into the falls 4 times, got soaking wet and it was such a thrill. After that we were dropped off to go explore the falls for all kinds of perspectives. Lots of pictures were taken. We made it just in time to catch the last train to the Garganta Del Diablo (Devils Throat). Fantastic little ride out to this insanely built catwalk that goes over the river for what seemed like miles. We saw so many different varieties of butterflies, it was wonderful. The merging of countless waterfalls into one throat was thrilling. As you look down into the throat you can only see a white mist. This was definitely a high light of the trip so far. I am loving Argentina.

We are staying at this amazing B&B called Puerto Canoa. Great guy runs it called Jose. Speaks really fast - but we get most of it. The Spanish class has helped so much in just being comfortable even starting a conversation. Jose suggested this fabulous place for dinner to celebrate Amy's birthday. We had an amazing meal. Amy's had the best beef we've ever tasted. Mine was quite fabulous too. The portions are so huge here that we save about half of it for our bus ride to Salta. Paul and I asked the waiter for a special torte for Amy while she was in the bathroom. We weren't sure he understood us, but he sure did. A group of the waiters (all men) snuck around the restaurant and came up behind Amy with a sweet piece of cake and the most hilarious longest version of happy birthday I've heard. It was awesome. They kept singing the song over and over and over and over - speeding up as they went. I think they did it 5 times. It was so funny. Amy got so embarassed. So cute. We even got a picture with her and all of them. Super special evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb