Iguazu falls, Argentina


Advertisement
Published: December 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in another great family run hostel in Puerto Iguazu complete with A/C again! The town has a really holiday feel as Iguazu is one of the biggest tourist attractins in South America.

We got the first bus up to the falls at 7am and it was well worth it. the park was deserted and there were even little guniea pigs still running around. WE headed off to the catwalks along the top of the waterfalls and when you got close, the sound of the water was amaging. that, together with the spray and the rainbows made for a great experience! we also walked along the bottom of the falls along platforms and the spray meant that we really did get quite wet (refreshing in the 30 degree heat!).

we then caught the free little boat to an island to get a better view of more of the falls and spent a while just gauping at how cool they were!! the island was also full of different coloured iguanas, nice!!

after a relatively calm morning, we decided to go on a speed boat trip into the falls!! now, we knew we were going to get wet, but we got totally soaked, underwear and everything!! we screamed like girls and it was great!

we then spent the best part of an hour trying to dry off before heading the the Sheriton Hotle for lunch. needless to say, the price of the buffet had gone up considerabley since the LP had been published so we went to an equally nice place for some argentinian delicacies!

We then embarked on a ´Nature Trail´in which we were supposed to see Monkeys and Tucans but us being us, we managed to nearly step on a baby Camen (aligator type thing) and see some pig/guinea pig/bear type animals that we are still non the wiser to what they were!!

So a great 12 hours in the park and not too much sun burn to speak of!!

The next day, we thought it only fair to go to the Brazillian side (just to get the stamp!) there was not as much to do there but the view of all the waterfalls all together was amazing and they also had a walk way which meant that you could get up really close to the falls.

we then returned, all waterfalled out for a dip in the pool before cooking (yes, we managed it) with a couple from Perth.

Iguazu has been great and as we have more time than we thought, we are going to head in to Uruguay for a few days.

Phew! thanks for getting this far! hope all is well at home and things are getting really exciting now that we are into December!

Love,

Laura
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb