Still in the land of Steak!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chaco » Resistencia
December 1st 2006
Published: December 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, we managed to stay about 4 nights in Salta because we were all enjoying it so much and we knew that we would all be going our own ways afterwards (sob!) we managed to have another drunken night out dancing ´til dawn and another day wandering round the shops and generally people watching while drinking tea with milk!! we also went up in a cable car to a great look out complete with man made waterfall.

So as Polly, Mark and Marc headed south, Amy and i caught our first overnight bus in Argentina to Resistencia to break up our journey to Iguazu. The champagne and whiskey that had been rumourer on these busses never came but we were supplied with non inspiring cheese and ham sandwiches in three different shapes!!

We arrived and managed to check into a really nice hostel (Residential Barriloche) complete with air comditioning to get a few hours sleep. we then headed out to get a glimpse of the 300 sculptures that there are supposed to be around the city. we managed to see about 10 so decided we ought to go to the sculpture park (at least they were all in one place there ). Unfortunatley, the sculpture park had closed since the lonely planet had been plublished so we asked the tourist info to reccommed something else we could do. they suggested we should go to the Natural History Museum so we headed off. It turned out to be a collection of school projects in a dusty hall but we managed to laugh ourselves round it!!

The next morning, we headed to the station for our bus to Iguazu, 9 hours during the day but there only seemed to be about 6 of us on the entire bus so we had loads of room. they also managed to play some good films and feed us well so we were happy!!

we were both really excited to be in the tropical town of Puerto Iguazu....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb