Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Diablo
December 7th 2006
Published: December 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Uruguay! Considering we had never planned to come to this country it could well be my favourite so far! It´s just as developed, sophisticated and cheap as Argentina but the people are so much warmer and more friendly!

We crossed the border from Argentina to a town in the North called Salto. It was a really nice small town with plenty of shops, restaurants and plazas to keep us occupied for a day! I even managed to buy a pair of Quicksilver board shorts a lot cheaper than I could in Oz!

The next day we visited the town´s main attraction, it´s thermal springs. We went to a complex of ten pools of varying temperatures, the hottest being 46 degrees. I know it sounds great but when it´s 30 degrees outside, sitting in even hotter water isn´t quite what it´s cracked up to be! We managed to try a few out and chilled out for the day. I also finally caught up with my journal!

We rounded the day off with another steak )this time breaded with eggs, cheese and ham on top, our poor poor waistlines and cholesterol levels!= and a good old chin wag with some locals.

In the morning we had an early start and got two buses to Punto Del Diablo. It took most of the day but we passed the time eating and sleeping as usual! Punto Del Diablo is gorgeous! It´s a small beach resort with loads of huts to rent and a deserted beach, a couple of restaurants and just the one bar that seemed to stay open to a decent time! Being so small made it easy to meet people and we passed a couple of very relaxing days with two guys, one from the uk and the other from America. They even bbq-ed for us! I managed a dip in the sea but it was really rough (lots of surfers) and for a few moments thought I might actually drown, or worse, loose my bikini!

We left, sad but a shade or too browner and not too red either! We have a couple of more nights before we get the ferry to Buenos Aires and the serious partying strats! I can´t wait to see some tango on the streets!

Hope you are all well
Ames x x x

Advertisement



11th December 2006

Hey Ames!! Sounds like you guys are STILL having an awesome time! Cool. Hey, since you ended up in Uraguay which wasn't planned, you guys can still swing up here to the wilds of New Jersey :) Nah, the weather up here stinks :)
14th December 2006

Hello Amy
Hey - just had a quick read of your adventures. Sounds great - hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year Amy. I miss you. Love, Emily xxxxx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb