It’s hot


Advertisement
Published: January 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Aaaaand repeat. Because apparently if you say it enough, it causes a dramatic and immediate reduction in temperature. At least that’s how the logic goes if you’re <16 or so. Luckily our ears are finely tuned to weed out such whinings and we only hear repeated requests for slushies or demands for information on our destinations, arrival time, mode of transport and entertainment schedule. Fortuitously, we were also accompanied on a large portion of the walk by some random smelly hippies who were toting a scratchy musical instrument thing which was even more annoying to listen to than two children…so we actually felt quite blessed. And many many amateur photographers who needed to be in the prime spot for Insta shots for an extended period. Oh, and there were some nice waterfalls too.

We began our scratchy whining journey on the lower circuit where we enjoyed some expansive views of the falls from afar. When the scratching and requests for slushies became overwhelming, we stopped and enjoyed the ambiance and the temporary quiet provided by said slushies. Obviously wanting to strike while the proverbial iron was hot (much like the weather, which was hot, it’s hot, I’m hot, it’s too hot, in case clarification was required), we, accompanied by peace-keeping slushies and mercifully free of smelly scratching, also tackled the upper circuit.

Long paths and bridges, thankfully this time a complete one-way circuit, across small rivers and streams, all cascading over a wide expanse of falls. Luckily there were a large number of butterflies and lizards to keep the post-slushy ails at bay and we completed the circuit in record time and relative peace. We were all hot and tired (and as smelly as the hippies) by then so we grabbed some lunch before heading back to the hotel for a restorative afternoon at the pool. And some (slushy) cocktails too!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb