La Plata, River Plate Stadium tour and a night of some exotic feast!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » La Plata
July 31st 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today waking up and trying to convince myself I needed to get up before dawn to get on a megabus…boy was it hard to do here in Buenos Aires, this place has a night life that literally starts when Sydney Sleeps hard into the night…so waking up early is near zero…But anyways, after making the mountainous effort I finally woke up and decided to walk to Retiro bus terminal and got me a megabus to La Plata!!!


La Plata, is kind of like the Canberra of Argentina, even tho Buenos Aires is the Capital…but nevertheless La Plata is where all the jurisdictional buildings and legal places are…So finally getting there…I was kind of shocked to discover I didn’t have that good of a map to begin with and to make things worse…the tour guide and info at the kiosk had no one inside! …So walking around boy was this place different to the European-like city of Buenos Aires…it was really fun and boring at the same time…the fun was the intensity of walking around the areas that seemed interesting to the point where people ride horses as a means of transport instead of cars…and boring in the sense that the main streets are all just basically governmental-like buildings….

So finally after visiting the zoo and enjoying a nice milanesa burger for lunch… I decided to finally give it a 3rd time lucky visit to River Plate Stadium and yes! This time I was not to be disappointed!!! Got the tour saw everything from the under5s train and play to the reserve team training it was awesome getting the museum tour, press conference area and vip area access…omg, was it amazing!!

Afterwards coming back home exhausted, I get a call from a mate of mine from uni and finally we decided along with his friends to go out and have dinner at no joke a strip joint like restaurant…we 1st stopped at a mexican place for drinks and then having dinner whilst a sex show is literally on performing kinda gives a new meaning to the word developing an appetite!!! But yeah..later we decided to go and hang out around 3am in the morning in my favourite part of town Plaza Serrano, where all the clubs, bars and restaurants are and basically got some more drinks there!!! Must admit was a fun nite…its times like these where u really don’t wanna head back home…but my adventure here in South America is almost coming to an end and with uni beginning next week im gonna have to come back soon!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



2nd August 2008

Capitales
Buenos Aires city is the Capital of the Nation La Plata is the Capital of the province of Buenos Aires. All the jurisdictional buildings and legal places of the province are there in La Plata
19th October 2008

Easyvietnamvisa
Apply Vietnam visa online - Get visa stamped at the airport - save your time and money. For more details, please click http://www.easyvietnamvisa.com Discover the splendors of the bay aboard a wooden junk that combines classic beauty with modern comfort. Search a wide range of luxury cruises, book online at very low rates. For more details, please click http://www.cruiseshalongbay.com

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb