Interment of ex President


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After viewing at the government palace yesterday by thousands of people, his remains are placed on the presential jet for burial at Rio Gallegos in Patagonia. Rain all day today in BA.

Advertisement



29th October 2010

Hi Sandy, Did you attend the viewing? Sounds so Eva Peron. Have you heard that she was not buried and was kept in the palace at the time and her husband used to sit her at the table for dinner? She was attended to by a dr to keep her looking fresh. Hmm...very interesting. Hey also I have it on my calendar to call Alex and remind him on Sunday about his court date on Monday Nov 1st. Miss you! Is Danny having a good time also? How is the food? Is that the home of Empinada's?
30th October 2010

Argentine
No, I didn´t attend the viewing. There were thousands of people queuing up in the streets to do it, and I thought I would leave them to their own and anyway it was a crazy scene, drums beating, polital groups with flags, etc. Yesterday it poured and we went to have parilla, a mixed grill. Some of the meat was recognizible, like pork chops, but some of it was strange, like coils of intestines. I ate the non weird stuff. a couople of changes: Danny has been sick since they day we got here, so we decided that the overnight bus trips I had planned were too much for him, and yesterday we went to the LAN ticket office to change our tickets to return next Tuesday. It was a shame to cut the trip short, but I couldn´t cajole him into toughing it out, and I´m not sure I wanted to, since I don´t know how he is feeling. It appeared to me as though he had the flu. On top of that he is not really mentally inclined to travel since he misses things like ice water, washing machines in the house, TV in English. Oh well, we´re all different. So today we have to check out of this hostel and go to a different one, since our room was been booked to another. The new hostel is on a pedestrian only street, so should be quiet, but if centered around a younger crowd, so may be noisier from the people. On Mondya, our last free day, we are going to take the hydrofoil to Urugruay, the town of Colonia, across the river, for the day. Empañadas are okay, a bit dry, but fillling. We will be back Weds. pm, will call you.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb