Florida street


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 30th 2009
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Florida stFlorida stFlorida st

Buenos Aires is pretty boring unless you experience the nightlife,.... which we didn't because I had to fly in the morning.
Day 12

The breakfast at the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, unless you like egg soup. For some reason, everywhere we have been does not thoroughly cook their eggs. Weird.

This day will be our last day in B.A. We are overwhelmed by the city and are not sure what to go see. One of the places recommended, by multiple sources, is Florida street. We have heard that is was a unique street filled with boutiques and locals practicing their tango next to a boom box. We checked the map and found that it was walking distance from our hotel so we decide to check it out. The walk is not far but the heat and humidity make it seem like a trek.

We arrive at Florida street to find that it is a pedestrian only street. We feel like we are in downtown L.A. We expect to see cute boutiques with local products. We are wrong. The street is packed with people, dirty, and generic. The shops are just like you could find at home but dirtier. The products are slightly cheaper but not worth looking in the stores for. Their are children and adults asking for money, people selling knick-knacks from blankets, and only one couple doing the tango. It seemed like we were at a swap meet.

When we had enough of Florida street, we headed to a local Irish pub. Unfortunately, when we arrived it was closed. We looked around and spied a nearby Pirate's pub. After Floriday street we were ready for a couple of beers. We ordered a couple beers and some fries. Fries are always the safe bet. The fries that arrived looked like yesterdays fries reheated in the microwave. We ate about three of them. The health codes also seem to be lacking in this area of town. We figured that the alcohol may kill anything we may have contracted at the pub (that's our excuse anyway). We have eaten more french fries on this trip than we have eaten in the last year.

For an early dinner we hit up our same favorite restaurant. This time it was still very good but not as good as the previous two nights. Warren's Kobe steak is not as mouth watering, and the chicken I ordered never arrives. The waiter tells me that the restaurant is out of chicken at the same time that my dinner companions are receiving their dinners. Luckily, the portions are big and Warren and Brian share their dinners with me. We have also overloaded ourselves on the 10 different breads that they have brought to the table. They have the best breads we have ever eaten.

We go to bed early because we will be leaving for Igauzu in the morning.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb