El banco - no es mi amigo // La bomba del tiempo


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

¿Tienes pasaporte?



Second day in Buenos Aires... i need some local money!
First day at school... i need to learn some Spanish😉 Very nice teachers who explain very well and even I understand most of it. Roughly 20 other students from all over the world. Lots of people from Holland, two from Germany and some more from somewhere.
After school and "el curso de la regiones de Argentina" (<- very interesting) off to the next bank. Pulled out my traveller scheques and the German ID including a copy of my passport: Quisiero pesos!
But without the original passport you won´t get anything. Can´t hand in scheques and can´t even change dolares for pesos. So back "home", got the passport, went back to the bank. Well, at least I tried. El banco closes at 3pm.... every single day. So back again and get the credit card, tried to get money at different ATMs. Wouldn´t work either...good start😉
But, lucky enough, a German fellow from the language school helped me out,with some money so I could join "the people" for the first night time activity.
We went to a club called Kloonex and watched a show called La Bomba del tiempo. It is a group of ca 15 drummers. One of them leads the others with gestures and appearantly improvises as he goes. After a while somebody else takes over and continues.
It was an amazing show and they really understood to make the crowd dance.... maybe the liter of beer for less than 3 euros helped a bit as well😉
Afterwards we went to a students house in "Palermo" (un cuarto de Bs As), had some pizza (they have many immigrants from Italy here...and it seems that all of them had forgotten how to make pizza:D) and then got back home.
After all, a pretty good start to an interesting time=)
Hasta luego

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb