Adri & Mitch - Day 5 Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 31st 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone. Not a whole lot to report today. It’s New Year’s Eve and all the locals are leaving town. They are going to the beaches to spend the holiday. We have spent most of the day relaxing. The biggest adventure today was the search for ice cream. We’d been craving it since yesterday. On our way back to the hotel from shopping for socks and underwear we were scouting a Freddo’s. Low and behold, an entire block away, through a tree lined street, what looked like a vertical oval sign with black letters seemed to indicate the ice cream shop. We decided to veer off the hotel path and investigate. With every step the sign became clearer and the letters started to form a name. That feeling you get when you win a race, meet a timeline, get the answer right, etc. It was it! Oh soo creamy, chocolate with a variety of nuts incorporated into the ice cream. The heavenly scoop sits in a tiny dainty waffle cup; that adds a delicate crunch and flavor at the very end. Delicious! It took all the will power in the world to not order seconds.

Later on we attended High Tea at the Hyatt hotel. Height of elegance. We will no longer have martini time in Miami. This is being replaced with Tea Time.

Oh, and the picture attached is for Les and Dennis T. courtesy of Mitch; everyone else, sorry that you have to look at this.


Advertisement



31st December 2008

Nuts
I was hoping to see a picture of some nuts... in the ice cream. Oh well, shopping for underwear in Argentina sounds so romantic while at the same time, adventurous. Were you able to get any good deals on leather bras, panties, or briefs?
1st January 2009

Nuts
No good deals to be had. We just got plain cotton undies and socks. Hope you had a good New Year's Eve. How's Betsy feeling?

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb