Adri & Mitch - Day 4 Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Las Pampas and Gauchos were our experience today. We started by taking a tour bus to the town of San Antonio de Areco. San Antonio is a sleepy town that is the center of Gaucho (cowboys) living in the outskirts of BA. The town has a typical 1800’s layout. The park is a square block located in the center with surrounding buildings consisting of the church, government building, post office, hardware store and few other essentials. It also has a museum dedicated to the old Gaucho lifestyle.

After our quick visit in town we headed off to an estancia (estate) in Las Pampas. Las Pampas are the flat grasslands covering most of Argentina. The grasslands feed the free-ranging cattle that has made Argentinean beef so popular. Here we spent the day riding horses, admiring the landscape, watching horse training and tricks, and tasting yummy foods. We had empanadas, an outdoor parrillada (wood burning outdoor grill), wine, etc. It was a lovely relaxing day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



30th December 2008

Gaucho Potatoes
Mitch, I see you've been working out. I didn't know you were a trick rider! Please don't tell me the horse was dead too. If so, why were you smiling?

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb