Adri & Mitch - Day 3 Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our Shopping Experience… Today we visited Calle Florida. It’s supposed to be the leather shopping mecca of BA. In reality, Calle Florida is an 11 block shopping mayhem. It’s a pedestrian street flanked by tall office buildings with shops on the first floor. The amount of people walking up and down this street is reminiscent to the streets of Manhattan. If you don’t keep moving, someone will move you out of the way. It is so crazy we saw the police forensic van pull up and thought “Hmm, this is weird. Can’t be good.” Sure enough, just a few steps in, a dead man lay on the floor. I’ve never seen such a thing. People stopped to look as if it were an attraction. No one seemed shocked or sad. It was very weird.

After the craziness of Calle Florida, we jumped into a kamikaze taxi driver. This man sped through the crowed streets like a little bullet. No concern for pedestrian. Here pedestrians don’t have the right of way. You better watch out crossing the streets. Our taxi dropped us off at Palermo Viejo. Here is where the young, artistic crowd lives. Super cute neighborhood with stylish shops. Lunch at Cluny’s was amazing. Kind of like Michael’s in the Design District, but classier and more relaxing. Felt as if you were eating in your own living room.

You know, for all the hype about the shopping in BA, it’s not all that. Still haven’t bought any leather products or local designer anything. Very sad.

Tomorrow we are going to a working Estancia. Probably going to corral some vacas.

PS Got a new camera.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th December 2008

Great blog!
I'm happy you got a new camera. I love this blog idea. I love reading up on your adventures!! Have fun, say hi to Mitch! =) Yvette
30th December 2008

Day 3 comments
Nice presentation for the dessert. How'd they get the pastry to stay on the plate? I see they had a lid on the tea cup to keep the liquid from spilling. I'm thinking you'll do better if you look for native Naugahyde than leather. The Naugas are all raised organically in Argentina. I was hoping to see a photo of the dead guy. Right now, I think you're making it up. Maybe if you go back, he'll still be there and you can prove your story.
30th December 2008

Enjoying the blog
Hi!! Glad to hear you're having a good time. So are you going to have to resolve to killing your own vaca for your much anticipated leather products?! LOL!! Maybe you can get a local to do it. J/K ;-) Looking forward to seeing more pix...
30th December 2008

I'm sure Mitch was excited to get a new camera! How'd you get him to pose?

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb