Adri & Mitch - Day 2 Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Boy, are we tired. Lots of activity between last night and today. Let me give you a run down of our adventures.

Last night we had our first impressions of Buenos Aires in evening. We had reservations at Cabana las Lillas located in Puerto Madero. Cabana las Lillas was created to serve the tourists. The food was delish. Only thing is that the ambiance lacked the authentic Argentinean culture. Puerto Madero is the new seaport located in what was until recent a blighted neighborhood. Somehow these folks have revitalized the entire area in a few years. After dinner we came back to the hotel lounge and made some friends. What are the odds that the couple we met are from Miami. They live in the FIU area and she and I graduated from the same high school. Can you imagine that?

This morning we went to the largest antique fair in the oldest neighborhood of BA, San Telmo. I loved the stuff; Mitch thought it was all chachtskys (neither of us know the correct spelling) Regardless, how do you take an old chandelier home.

Later in the day we took a real guided tour of BA. The guide must be a frustrated performer, because she used the bus microphone to give her captive audience a rendition of none other than “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina”. The tour sped through all the most notable historic sites. Good overview.

To end our evening, tonight we saw a tango show. It was at Tango Porteno. Beautiful, incredibly talented dancers and singers, a mini musical. We are going to try some of those dance steps now. Will let you know if we break something.

PS can't post pix because I lost my camera.


Advertisement



29th December 2008

Hi.....
Glad to see you and Mitch are having fun! Too bad you lost your camera, I was looking forward to seeing more pics!!!! :) Yvette
29th December 2008

Day 2
Sounds like a great time. Seems like you can't post pix because you can't take pix because you lost your camera... ouch! You'll always have your memories!
29th December 2008

Hi Les
Hi Les, Mitch says "Go FISH" "Go GATORS" and "Siga La Vaca".
29th December 2008

Camera
We bought another camera today. Pix should be forthcoming.
29th December 2008

Camera
Hi. We bought a camera today. Pix should be forthcoming.
29th December 2008

Camera
Hi. We bought a camera today. Pix should be forthcoming.

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb