Adri & Mitch - Day 1 Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 27th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've heard Argentinan's describe their city as the Europe of South America. I must say I was a bit suspicios of that. But it is true. A totally European feel. The city layout, architecture, outdoor cafes, and plenty of chic to go around allows a European vibe.

Today we did an abreviated visit of the neighborhood where our hotel is located, Recoleta. After getting a bit turned around in our self-guided walking tour, accompanied by the big picture hotel map, our first stop was lunch at Josephina's. Then the sites at the Salvatori Park. The sites included the Recoleta Cemetary, resting place of Evita Peron, (Don't you want to break out in song and sing "Don't cry for me Argentina..." every time you hear her name? Anyways - bit of a tangent there. Next was a Modern Art Museum. The most intresting thing at the museum were the hamburgers cooked via solar energy. Lastly, this little excursion was capped by bowls of icecream at the historic La Biela cafe. You just sit, rest your feet and watch the other tourists go by.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



28th December 2008

I'll cry for you
The photos are great. Keep trying to be chic. Mitch looked chic, like Sheik Yerbuti. Adri, you're already chic. I'd have to say you are now re-chiced. When I see the name Evita, I don't think of "Don't cry for me, etc." I think of Madonna... naked.
28th December 2008

Solar powered burger cooker
I saw that on an infomercial. The Ronco Solar Burger Cooker. Only $19.95 plus shipping and handling. But wait! There's more! If you order within the next 365 days you'll also get a solar powered spatula with the magic flip-switch. Just press the button and the burger flips... automatically!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb