Soccer Game


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A group of us decided to go to one of the biggest soccer games of the year (the number one team la boca vs the number three team). We got to the stadium in the morning and waited in line for 3 hours only to find out that they were not going to sell any tickets to the general public becuase it was such an important game, only members could get tickets. We luckilly found tickets from a scalper but it took all day and we had to crawl under security checkpoints 3 times just to get close to the stadium. The most intense chanting ever, 60,000 people all jumping up at the same time, the whole stadium shook and my ears heart from the decibles. there was piss everywhere and my buddie actuallly got pissed on by this little kid. 12 foot fences with barb wire seperated the home from the away fans, but you still couldn{t sit in front of the over hang if you did not want to get spit on. We got padded down 5 times on our way in, and police had fire hoses installed all over the stadium in case things got too crazy. luckily we won so the intense energy was at least positive on the way out. I also went to a latin dance club which was sweet, and otherwise Ive just been exploring the beautiful city and soaking in the culture.

Advertisement



4th November 2008

Glad to hear from you!
Game sounds cool. It is so nice to hear from you. So I gather you are alive and doing reasonable well!
4th November 2008

Pictures
What about some pictures!
5th November 2008

Soccer Game
sounds like you are having the experience of your life, be happy and be safe!!!! Brenda--First Impressions
6th November 2008

awsome bro! crazy stuff. nothing like that in the states huh?

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb