Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 30th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Im having a blast so far in the city that never sleeps. I met this great guy at the airport and it turned out that he lived close to the hostle where I was heading, he insisted on letting me ride in his cab and didnt let me pay. what an intro. The hostel location and people are really nice and today I checked out the botanical gardens and this museum on Evita Paron(a national hero of argentina). Im going to eat a steak dinner tonight with some friends and watch some tango. I just got tickets to Creamfields which is a huge music festival a week from now in Buenos Aires.

Advertisement



4th November 2008

hey, honey...great to finally hear from you! what an adventure, already...you're a gem..things here are normal, tho dad will be quitting his job this week...so, here we go again! i'm working hard, and watching the fall turn to winter...leaves are still on the trees here in Boston...had dinner last night with Evan and Matan...got to see where Evan lives...matan is on his way to Israel, back for G's party, and then he'll return to Vt... thinking of you, my dear son... blessings, jan
4th November 2008

yeah bro! good man, have fun, and meet cool people, what kind of things ahve you done so far? what is the exchange rate like? what food have you been eating. how much is one night in a hostel and how much is a typical meal?
6th November 2008

I get like 3.1 argentinian pesos for one dollar and a hostle here in the city costs 25 pesos, a cheap ass meal is 5 pesos, a restaurant meal is anywhere from 15 to 30 or 40 pesos. A liter of beer at the grocery is only 4 pesos. popular cheap foods are empanadas which are like tiny calzomes with cheese and meat or vegies. There are also maleneze sandwiches which are a slab of steak battered and fried. Of course you got your steaks and hamberguers and sausages and chicken, the argens love their meat. I{ve been cooking a lot of pasta dishes though and just buying sandwhich making materials when I can casue its a lot cheaper.
8th November 2008

nice toby. im jealous
12th November 2008

gilbs
yo tobyy so psyched it's goin smooth for you man.. how many pesos for a decent chica? haha .... sick bubsy, glad you're havin a good time. have you spotted that constellation you were telling me about?

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb