Back to BA!!


Advertisement
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Back to BA on a 19 hour bus journey from Bariloche to see a football match and collect some belongings(which due to my mental anguish means i cant or wont recite!!!).

Went to the Clan hostel which was a really cool place. The staff were dead sound(Ayelen, Juan and Naucho cheers!!!) and were the best we so far came across. The first night (and the rest of the week) was a drunken affair although i fell off to the scratcher at about 11 o clock after the BBQ on the first night. Its the long bus journeys, im not a wussy ok graham!!!

Next day we hung about and recovered for another night of mayhem. It wasnt til the next day we got our arse in gear and headed to Tigre for a bit of beach action, although the beach is on a river. On the train i lost my ticket and they fined me 7 peso´s - fair enough!! But when i gave them a ten peso note and the guy at the train station purposely gave me back a 2 peso fake note. I nearly got arrearsted for smacking a 3 foot argentinian conductor in the head - knacker!! However good day had on the beach with the lads and Ayelen. That night we hit the town for a pretty cool beatles tribute to george harrison. Cue the girly screams for the spanish beatles(dar even fainted!!).

That saturday we woke up just in time the hit the pub for the Ireland England Rugby match with 5 or 6 english guys we met and most of the hostel. You all know what happened next anyway but we got very pissed on 4 litre pitchers and i also learned a cool trick for face painting with a wine cork. Cue fanta pants man, freddy mercury and the mexican bandits!!! Great crack. Needless to say while the lads maintained the reputation and stayed up til 7 in the morning after 18 hours of drinking i was once again in bed by 12. Sorry i let you down again......

That sunday we headed on the train with jason and Ayelen to the River Plate V Racing Santander match. It happened to be in Velez Sarsfield ground cos River Plate are banned from there home ground for a few games just because 2 people got shot in the ground the week before. Bit of an over reaction id say!! And River are supposed to have the best behaved fans in Argie football. Outside the ground it was nuts, the were literally pushing and pullin at eachother and the cops who were more than happy to oblige with a baton and some pushing themselfs. Eventually we got in after a bit of a crush and luckily still with my belongings(although on match day not 1 fan can think of anything else but the game!!).

Inside the ground the fans were going nuts. The passion was unbelievable. Racing Santander sung and danced from the very first minute even after there team went down to a pathetic goal in the first 2 mins. It didnt take long for the "i slept with your mother chants" to begin from the River fans. This was sung by children, pensioners, wives, everyone. Its easy to see why they sing and dance so much though. Basically apart from 3 or 4 players there all shite!! I could see Derry City taking them to the cleaners. Its as if they agree not to defend so the can score loads of goals. Our game did have some good ones and it finished a conservative(for Argie football) 4-2 to River. At least our fans were happy. Great day for craziness!!

And that was that, i collected my belongings from the goverment and we headed on our way to the biggest falls in the world, Igazu. Another 17 hour bus journey, there getting a bit easy at this stage!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb