Up to the Falls


Advertisement
Antarctica » Temp
March 5th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Looking forward to this for ages and it defo didnt disappoint. Iguzu falls are the biggest in the world and share there border with Argentina , Brazil and Paraguay(although you cant view it from this side cos its run by smugglers and gangsters!!)

We got to our hostel early which was recommended by everyone and even boasts a pool. Unfortunately the staff were complete morons(everyone at the hostel agreed so where its gets is reputation from i dont know???). We took about 2 hours to check i.e hand 30 pesos over and get bed sheets. And the English lads from BA took about 7 hours(no lie!!) so we were lucky. I know its only a hostel and im bitching about everything but Argentina is brilliant and the people are amazing, its always the few assholes!! Ok back to the good stuff, the pool was amazing and needed in the 45 degree heat of the second day plus the food was good aswell and we horsed the BBQ. We partied hard there and we were up to all hours. When the staffed complained about the 25 people singing outside the hostel after the midnight swim, us the english guys and the candians we met promptly headed to sit on the highway for some drunken craic on the road!! Well it great until one of the staff members started routing through dar´s trousers by the pool thinking he forgot them - scummer!!Sorry ill keep off the bad shit.

Next day managed to drag ourselves out of bed and head to the falls. It was scorching hot. Booked our selves in for our boat ride and set off for the walk. I have seen pictures and kind of knew what to expect but upon hearing the noise off it then the scenery as we rounded the corner it hit us all. Once again ill repeat myself and say that this was the best thing i have seen so far but i kinda knew it would be.

We then set down for our speed boat ride into the falls which absolutley soaked us through which was great in the heat. Then onto the devils throat for the lookout. Along the way we seen some weird thing that bites you(think its called a caltis or something), giant ants, a huge spider, a crocodile and butterflys with 98 written on there back. The lookout is surrounded by the falls and it was amzing looking. It was raining upwards. Then Graham pointed to the sky and there was thousands and thousands of birds in the air. Then the broke off in little groups 1 by 1 then darted down into the falls. They nest there. It went on for 20 mins or so and we hope it was a once yearly thing, although prob not.

Another night of partying in the pool and it was off to Salta on a 27hour bus journey still pissed and with 2 hours sleep.............lovely!!!! You can see by the last photo(guess who´s the dog) in the bus station the next morning what state we were in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



6th March 2007

Looks deadly, really good...except for the 'hot bods'. Keep us posted........don't know why I said that cause everytime I have a look at the blog it makes me feel jealous. Enjoy, and as said previously, always talk to strangers!
8th March 2007

sexy bods!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whi Woo!!!! (That was a whistle by the way!)seriously though guys, I can't handle any more pictures of you lot in the half-nuddy!! Everything looks amazing though. Love checking out the blog Niall. Where are your tans by the way?? You all look whitey white still. Maybe the camera has a major flash on it. No goss from me anyway. Still fat with an arse like j-lo now. Getting cravings for nutella on toast at the mo and during the week I had my weirdest ever meal - a coffee slice and cheese - together!!! Ewww I know!! But it was yum! Adios amigos p.s. Niall tell Dar to write back to me the swine and tell him he's startin to look like che guevera. Better watch his back over there.................

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb