Hippy town!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » El Bolsón
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hit El bolson for some even more relaxed fun.

Didnt think we could find anywhere even slower than the rest of Argentina. The norm in Argentina is waiting at least 45 mins for a toasted sandwich and about 30mins after you ask for it a second time everywhere.This was even slower!! Its was cool down here cos its the way everything is. The place is placed in a valley with Chilean mountains on one side and Argentine ones on the other.

The hostel Athlos Del Sur was a bit out of town up a mountain but it was nice. The owner was cool and we spent the next few days just drinking and chilling. The second night we built a fire out the back, drank wine and sang some tunes with the Irish girls we met in Bariloche on the rafting.

The next day we decided to go camping. We got our supplies and rented a tent but thought it would be a silly idea to get sleeping bags(it was 25 degrees at the time). Ive never been so cold in all my life(it was worse than Glendalough) and not even the beer,wine and whiskey could help. It was so bad Gar legged it at 5 in the morning for a 20k cycle back to the safety of the hostel. I got sick for my troubles but feck it, its all part of it.

Then it was back to Bariloche to decide whether we go to Chile for the volcano, mendoza for the wine or Buenos Aires again for a taste of Uraguay...As you can tell not much inteesting happenened in El Bolson. Well not much i can talk about anyway....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



24th February 2007

hey guys it all looks soo cool,i see graham js been is usual pisshead self jesus my life is so quiet ha,lovin the bloggs niallo keep it up!!! well im off to the sugar club with connor n boris we will toast your travels with a few coctails!!!!!

Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb