Top 3 Destinations for 2017 Spring Getaway


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
February 20th 2017
Published: February 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

While tropical beaches are ever-popular destinations, recently, people started craving for more. They will travel far and wide for excitement, to taste authentic cuisine, embrace the history and culture of a civilization long gone. Technology might make us feel like we have everything on the palm of our hands; like the world is so small and already thoroughly explored. Nevertheless, there are always new places to discover, as well as rediscover, in your own special way. With this in mind, we have prepared top 3 places from around the globe that are bound to suit your taste, no matter if you’re into sightseeing, relaxing or parting!

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil



By the end of April, most of the carnival crowds will be gone, leaving you with enough room to indulge yourself in this glimmering Brazilian metropolis, which has rightfully earned the title of the ‘Marvellous city’. Located at the mouth of a bay harbour, lined with miles-long white sand beaches, this place is the most popular for its lush rainforests and staggering green mountains. Wherever you find yourself in this city, you are bound to be stunned by the dramatic views it offers. Adventure travellers who dare to clime Corcovado Mountain admire the world-famous Christ the Redeemer, striking 125-foot-tall statue that guards Rio’s pristine beaches. Even if you stay at the see level at the shores of Ipanema and Copacabana, you’ll enjoy the view of the remarkable backdrop that has been capturing the hearts of native Brazilians and visitors alike for more than five centuries. However, if you’re up for a time of your life, don’t miss out on the opportunity to witness Brazil’s vibrant masquerade in February.

Bali, Indonesia



Tucked in between the massive East Java and peaceful Pulau Lombok, it did not take Bali long to become the synonym for Utopia. It is a home to the most awe-inspiring landscape: towering volcanoes, lassoed by deep green canopy, and white sand beaches on its curvy coastlines all around the island. The late spring is known to be a fairly dry season, with warm daytime temperatures and very little rain. Although rather small in size, the island has something to offer to any character who comes to visit. Simple travellers will settle for the ocean resort, treating themselves with the luxurious spa treatments at Contemporary Hotels, mouth-watering traditional Indonesian cuisine and sunbathing. Those who are avid adventurers will find themselves climbing an active volcano in Kintamani, while others who are still young at hearts and inclined to late nights will enjoy Kuta and its party-centric atmosphere.

Cape Town, South Africa



Widely-known for its iconic mountain backdrop and incredible beaches, Cape Town boasts compelling design and art scene. With its unbelievable clash of cultures, cuisines and landscapes, there’s no place like this singularly beautiful city. It is a must-visit 2017 tourist destination, since the date everybody’s been waiting has finally come – the opening of the Zeitz Museumof Contemporary African Art. And since you’ve travelled a long way to get here, travel a little more to the south, to a rocky Cape of Good Hope, to experience its rich wildlife, and just gaze at the horizon, the clash of the Atlantic and Southern Ocean, the edge of the world.



Have we managed to spark your interest yet? Are you done hiding behind the curtains, watching the endless snowstorm cover the very last inch of the road, with the fireplace as the only source of heat? Then grab your passport and hop on a last minute flight to a warmer climate. Our world is capped with lands of never-ending springtime, indigenous cultures, just waiting to be discovered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.374s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb