Essential Items to Pack for an Australian Cruise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 8th 2017
Published: March 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

If you’re an experienced traveler you probably have a list of items you always bring on a trip. However if it is your first time going on a cruise and visiting Australia, here is a list of must-brings to make your experience that much more pleasurable.

Day wear



Don’t forget to pack some casual shorts for the pool deck or the gym. Depending on the dress code, you can even wear them to lunch, but don’t stretch it too much. Any sort of light garment like a shit or a T is fine for the day. For guys khakis are an essential piece of casual wear. Pair them with a polo shirt and you will not only feel great, but look great as well.

Evenings



Check the cruise dress code, but mostly evenings are either formal or casual-formal, so pack something that falls into that category. Guys should pack at least a suite and a tie, but some cruises even offer tux rentals. Bringing something elegant and formal will not make you feel out of place and embarrassed when you step into an onboard restaurant. On less formal evenings, you can get away with wearing regular pants and a shirt.

Headwear



Australian sun can be merciless at times so it’s important to protect your head from a heat stroke. Bring a hat with a wide brim that even covers your face. Don’t forget a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare. Some sunscreen is also a must!

Footwear



Don’t bring a separate suitcase full of shoes. Try to pack multi-purpose shoes like sneakers for the gym and when you go on shore or sandals you can wear by the pool or to a casual dinner restaurant. Men should pack a pair of dress shoes that go well with the suit they brought. Think in advance about your outfit combinations so you can bring only what you’ll wear for sure.

Swimwear and equipment



If you’re cruising in Australia, swimwear is an absolute must. The weather is almost always perfect for a swim, so make sure to pack your favorite bathing suit. If you want to replace your old bikini or swim trunks, stores like Baku will provide you with the best swimwear on the market. For those who want to enjoy Australia’s marine world, another essential is a snorkel and some flippers.

Jackets and sweaters



Even though Australia is known as one of the hottest places on Earth , it can get chilly on the open sea. You can bring some cardigans and a light jacket to put on during the night. Layering is the key to staying warm so embrace that look. It will save up the space in your suitcase and keep you warm in colder days.

Technology



When it comes to technology you will want to bring at least your smartphone and your camera with you. If you’re planning on going snorkeling or scuba diving, get a waterproof camera or a GoPro and take some amazing photos of Australia’s marine world and scenery. If you’re planning on using Wi-Fi, see the prices of internet connection before you go on-line. Since the cabins are usually small and have few outlets, it’s smart to bring a power board just in case.

Entertainment



Even though there are many interesting events on the cruise, you’ll want to pack something for your entertainment. Many cruisers have libraries, but you can always pack your favorite book or some magazines and crossword puzzles. If you have binoculars, throw them in as well, because you can never know what kind of wonder you’ll run into. Don’t forget toys for kids and some beach balls and floats.



Now when you know what to pack, all there’s left for you is to book a cruise and enjoy Australia like never before!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.396s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb