Top 3 European White-water Rafting Destinations


Advertisement
Europe
March 31st 2017
Published: March 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

When you’re looking for a sport that offers excellent physical training and endurance test, while relieving you from stress and letting you admire gorgeous landscapes ‒ rafting is the best choice. What’s more, you can enjoy it with your family and friends, and make some unforgettable memories. If you’re a true nature lover and you like the adrenaline rush, this unusual adventure that could potentially become an unforgettable vacation will become your next favorite thing in the world. If you’d like to experience rafting in Europe, here are the top three destinations you should consider going to.

Noce River, Italy



Italy is the home of one of the most famous runs in Europe, and Il Val di Sole, i.e. the Valley of the Sun is one of the best places in Italy to go rafting. Class IV-V rapids will provide you with an outstanding adventure and make you come back again for sure. You can choose any period during the summer to go to this amazing country and experience the unique rafting with your family or friends. This northern part of Italy is surrounded by beautiful Alpine glaciers, which will only make the rafting experience more beautiful. Lonely Planet has acknowledged Noce River to be one of the top rafting destinations in the world, so it’s safe to say you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to try out rafting in this part of Europe.

Tara, Montenegro



You’ll never know what the true rafting experience feels like, until you go rafting down the Tara river. The second deepest canyon in the world is precisely the Tara river canyon in Montenegro, which guarantees you an exceptional Tara River rafting experience. If you’re looking for an excitement with just enough adrenaline rush to live an amazing adventure, Tara river is the right destination for you. The 145 km long river is the fastest river in Europe, which is another proof that you’ll have an unforgettable adventure. Bring your friends or your family members along, and enjoy together in this marvelous journey. Not only will you have the best time during the rafting, but you’ll also be surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe. With the marvelous and authentic flora and fauna, alongside beautiful landscapes, this part of Europe will stay forever engraved in your memory. Astonishing foaming rapids, various mountain springs and gorgeous waterfalls make the Tara river surroundings even more beautiful and worth visiting.

Çoruh River,

Turkey

If you’d like to experience rafting on one of the world’s fastest-flowing rivers, Turkey is the place to go to. Rafting on Çoruh River will leave you breathless, considering this river’s class V rapids are unlike any other in the world. This is especially true during May and June, when the snow in the Pontic Mountains starts to melt and sets the river even faster in motion. Gorgeous Kaçkar Mountains alongside diverse and mesmerizing wildlife are just some of the nature’s wonders that will make rafting in Turkey unforgettable and worthwhile. Furthermore, you’ll have the opportunity to see some of the historical ruins and ancient castles from the Byzantine Empire as well, and make the trip to Turkey even more exciting and memorable.

Final Thoughts



Rafting is one of the best extremes sports that offers you an incredible adrenaline rush and endurance test. If you need to relieve yourself from stress, want to bond with your friends and family and enjoy some of the most beautiful sceneries in Europe, be sure to visit some of these three beautiful countries and explore all of their wonders. Whether it’s Italy, Montenegro or Turkey, each of the countries will be worth your time, and will offer you a unique adventure you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb