Relaxation and peaceful sunset


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
April 30th 2013
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I set the alarm for 7 am for Ken's massage appointment. He got up and I went back to sleep. The next thing I know he was back in bed, returned from his great massage. We fell back asleep and slept through breakfast. At 11:30 (we did lose another hour heading east) we got up and headed to the Piazzo for coffee. We see Annie and Bobbie- they had just gotten up too! So we headed up to the Lido deck for lunch. I had Ham and roasted cauliflower, Ken had a salad and a slice of ham, Annie had fruit, jello and a cookie, Bobbie-the same as Annie. Afterwards I bought some Clinique lotion and we headed back to our room. Ken is still so relaxed from the massage he wants to lay down; he's playing solitaire. I read for awhile. We decided to go get a coffee and find a comfy couch near a window to enjoy and watch the ocean. We found a place and soon a couple asked if they could take the couch near us. They were originally from Tucson; now live in Chandler near their grandchildren. They love Tucson and the U of A. He is a retired pediatrician. It was interesting sharing Tucson stories. Time to head back to the room and get a shower. When I got out of the shower Kenny said Annie needs help with her hair, so after I got ready we did a 'spikey' style and she looked lovely! Our dinner was yummy-scallops in a butter lime sauce. Afterwards we went to a the Mariner's lounge and Annie and Bobbie went to the theater to watch the show-Princess dancers and singers. Ken and I wanted to dance together, that's why we went to the lounge. When the music started about 6 couples got up and it was obvious they were skilled dancers. Oh well, we didn't care and danced a slow number together. Some of them looked so serious, they didn't look like they were having fun. Afterwards we went to the piano bar but no one was playing. Apparently it starts much later. We walked around for awhile and then went back to the room and put on comfy robes and watched the sunset on our balcony. One thing I didn't know was that the temperature is really mild here. It won't start to get cold until we leave Porta Delgado and head north. The sea is very calm tonight and the sunset is beautiful and I am very blessed, very blessed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 4; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb