Best Vacations for Those Who Love Adventure


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
May 10th 2018
Published: May 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

For some people, vacation means laying on a beach drinking frozen cocktails with umbrellas in them. And though that sounds extremely enjoyable, I prefer to be slightly more active during my vacations. The more activities, excursions, and adventures that a place has to offer, the happier I am. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll love these destinations for the awesome activities they have to offer.

The Florida Keys

One of my favorite things to do is fish and fishing in the Florida Keys is amazing. The crystal clear waters and relatively calm seas create endless opportunities for fishing. Whether you have your own boat in the area or choose to charter one for the day, you can choose areas based on the type of fish you’d like to catch. If you’re looking for dinner, grouper and yellowtail make excellent flakey, white fish. Dolphin fish and sailfish put up an unforgettable fight.

Fishing isn't the only aquatic experience to have in the area. Snorkeling and scuba diving near one of the countless parks or reefs in the Florida Keys are captivating. One of the main reasons why the Keys are so popular for aquatic exploration is because it’s home to the third largest barrier reef in the world and one of the only tropical coral reefs inside the USA.

The Galapagos Islands

Wildlife goes hand in hand with outdoor activities and adventures. The Galapagos Islands are home to over 200 species of animals from birds and reptiles to whales and other marine life. Not only are the animals in the Galapagos amazing but the natural landscape is unmatched. The area is made up of 13 main islands but only 4 of those are actually inhabited. This area is home to some of the purest and untouched lands in the entire world.

When it comes to exploring the islands, there are countless options from hiking and cliff jumping to snorkeling, and visiting the lava tunnel. The Galapagos Islands are well known for their volcanoes as well, which are a breathtaking site.

Oahu

If you enjoy surfing, there is a long list of pretty amazing waters you can explore from Australia to Malibu and Puerto Rico. But if you’re looking for one of the greatest places to find perfect waves, it’s the Banzai Pipeline in Oahu Hawaii. The picturesque waves are actually due to the winter swells that enter the north shores of Oahu. These swells push onto the shallow reef and create the perfect waves for surfing. But keep in mind that this shallow reef can also cause serious injuries if you’re not used to surfing in the area.

The beauty of surfing is that it can be done almost anywhere. And with the right instructor, waves, and patience, anyone can learn.

The Amazon Rainforest

The rainforest can be a truly magical place filled with sites and sounds like no other. This is another destination for animal and nature lovers alike. With so many new buildings and structures popping up almost daily, the rainforest is home to more than half of the world’s remaining forests and provides over 20%!o(MISSING)f the world’s oxygen. That’s pretty amazing! The color of the trees in the rainforest is said to be more “green” than anywhere else on Earth.

If you want to see jungle animals in their natural habitat, the rainforest is the place to do it. I suggest taking a guided tour where you can safely observe and experience the animals. Biodiversity is another awesome feature of the rainforest. With over 2.5 million species of animals calling the rainforest home, you’ll see things you never knew existed and may never see anywhere else in the world.

Go Exploring

There is so much more to vacation and getaways than lying on the beach. If you’re active and enjoy discovering new and amazing things, visit some of these areas and really sink your teeth into the experience. Whether you’re looking to explore land or sea, the world is filled with captivating places and experiences just waiting to be had. Where will you start?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.452s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb