Top 5 Places to View Breathtaking Sunsets


Advertisement
North America
May 11th 2018
Published: May 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Nature is a beautiful and wondrous thing. From natural waterfalls and volcanoes to rock formations and meteor showers, mother nature is amazing and powerful. One of my favorite things to observe in nature is the sunset. The colors that paint the sky are completely mystifying. It’s amazing how the sun and horizon can create such a marriage of light and color. And it’s said that no two sunsets are the same.

There are certain places where the sunsets are even more intense than others due to their geographic location. If you’re a traveler who enjoys chasing the sun, here are the top 5 places to see an unbelievable sunset.

1. Hawaii

Known for its picturesque beaches and palm trees, Hawaii is a feast for the eyes and senses. And the sunsets you’ll see on the Big Island won’t disappoint. Because Hawaii is the westernmost state in the U.S. it’s no surprise that it’s perfectly positioned for gorgeous sunsets. Here, you’ll see colors of purple and orange brighten the horizon with mountains and volcanoes acting as the backdrop. You can spend the day in the clear waters and the night watching the sky illuminate.

2. The Florida Keys

Located at the very tip of Florida, Key West is the southernmost key, positioned just 90 miles from Cuba. This is the perfect place to catch an unobstructed view of the sunset. In fact, sunsets in Key West are an event of sorts with food trucks selling treats and people gathering hours prior to secure their spots. Boats are seen slowly passing by as the sky takes on hues of pink and orange.

3. Malibu, California

Across the coast from Florida and inland from Hawaii, Malibu is also known for its beaches and its impeccable sunsets. People flock to Malibu’s beaches to watch dolphins play in the water as the sun dips down into the Pacific and Malibu’s bluffs. Here, the sunset switches between reds, purples, and blues. With the warm ocean breeze and the sand beneath your toes, it’s the perfect evening oasis.

4. Tanzania

If you’re traveling abroad, Tanzania is worth mentioning for its unique safari sunsets. Tanzania is located in Africa and is home to protected wildlife like giraffes, rhinos, elephants, cheetahs, and lions. There’s a good chance you’ll see these majestic animals in the desert as you take in the beautiful sunset. You’ll see colors of gold and warm orange as the sun dips into the backdrop.

5. Indonesia

The tropical climate in Indonesia means minimal cloud cover and plenty of opportunity for some amazing sunsets and panoramic views. Senggigi Island is one of the best places to spot Indonesia’s sunsets of red and orange. The beaches here are calm, peaceful, and romantic. If you’re looking for a sunset view away from the beach, check out Ubud Village in Bali. Here you’ll find rivers flowing through green rice fields like an intricate maze. Stick around for the sunset and you won’t be disappointed.

Take the Time to Notice

A sunset lasts from anywhere between 60 and 90 minutes. So when you’re somewhere beautiful and you catch the sun dipping into the horizon and the sky showcasing warm colors of pink, orange, and gold, take a minute to stop and enjoy it. Mother nature is a truly captivating thing. Take a few minutes to appreciate its beauty and wonder.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb