How to Choose the Best Hotel/Resort


Advertisement
North America
May 3rd 2018
Published: May 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

One of the best parts of vacation is escaping to a place where you can relax, without a care in the world. My favorite part of traveling is choosing the right hotel or resort for our needs. Once you’ve decided on a location, it’s time to start researching the different resort options you have. If you’re not sure where to start, read on for some tips!

Who Are You Traveling With?

This is probably the most important thing to ask yourself before choosing a hotel or resort. Are you traveling alone with just your spouse or will your kids be along for the ride? Is this a couples trip or are you dong a getaway with friends? The answer to this question will determine the type of resort you choose.

If you’re reliving your honeymoon with your spouse, find a resort that offers romantic packages with a couples massage, candlelit dinner, and large jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Traveling with kids? Then you’ll definitely want a hotel that is kid friendly with plenty of activities on hand. Most resorts offer kids clubs or activities throughout the day for your children to participate in. Some even offer babysitting services! If your kids love to swim, make sure the resort has a great pool or close access to the beach. Traveling with other couples or friends is the perfect time to choose a resort with an exciting nightlife. See if the hotel has a nightclub or nice restaurant on site where you can make reservations in advance. Do they offer excursions or onsite water sports and other activities like hiking, horseback riding, and golf?

Choosing your resort based on your travel mates is a great place to start.

Accommodations

The next thing you want to check out is the hotel itself in terms of comfort and accommodations. Nowadays, you’d be hard-pressed to find a hotel that didn’t offer Wi-Fi, but if you’re traveling and need to stay in touch with work, this might be a key factor to consider. Are you a stickler for a comfortable mattress? Head online and check reviews for how comfortable the bed is at the resort you’re considering. Or, better yet call the hotel and ask what type of mattresses they have. If you prefer your own, ample space when staying at a hotel, upgrade to a suite or larger room that offers double-beds, a small living space, and large bathroom. Do you want to cut down on food costs? Book a room that has a kitchenette. Most offer a small refrigerator, microwave, sink, and coffee maker. Here you can prepare meals if you prefer this over eating out.

Location

Location is key when discussing vacation. If you plan to do a lot of sightseeing or are visiting the area to see a specific, main attraction, how far is the hotel from these things? If you need to travel more than a half-hour, you may want to reconsider the spot. Unless, of course, the hotel offers transportation. Some resorts will offer shuttles and busing to and from popular, local attractions. If you’re staying in a different country or at an all-inclusive resort, do some research about the surrounding areas. Is it safe to travel outside of the resort? If you’re visiting somewhere like Las Vegas, check out where your hotel is in proximity to your favorite casinos. Resorts like Mandalay Bay are located at the end of the strip and Palms is actually over 1 mile from the strip. You should closely consider the location of your resort in proximity to the activities and places you’d like to experience.

No Such Thing as a Bad Vacation

It’s important to keep in mind that even if the resort you pick doesn’t meet your expectations, you’re still on vacation. This means you’re away from work and the stress and responsibility of everyday life. Try to make the best of it. But to avoid any type of vacation hiccups in regards to your hotel or resort, do your research beforehand and consider some of the above-mentioned points. Happy travels!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.4s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb