The final leg


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
January 23rd 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well it is the last full day on board the ship :-( Cases pretty well packed and ready to go give or take a few odds and ends. Temperature getting a bit cooler now but still nice and sunny at about 14 degrees. Had a good evening last night with a meal in the Rhodes which combined a special menu with selected wines. An associate winemaker was in attendance who gave a talk between each course which provided interesting information some of which was even absorbed by riff raff like us! A lucky group of just 40 managed to get seats for this event, and not sure what we did to deserve it but we were rather embarrassingly seated with the wine expert himself. Fortunately he was very down to earth type of guy who took our ignorance in his stride. By the end of the evening somehow four hours had passed and we were feeling very full despite what looked like tiny spread out courses, not to mention the slightly inebriated state we were in after pre dinner drinks, so many wines and of course the nightcap. This is our sort of wine tasting- the sort you drink not spit out again! Consequently today started rather late with a very light breakfast and surprisingly no signs of a hangover!
We collected our wedding album today which were were supposed to collect yesterday but unfortunately we had missed the photographer as he was involved in the ships strictly come dancing competition! We did attend and found this to be one of the most entertaining shows on the ship. Nothing polished or perfect but the contestants were real people, anything from photographer, lighting technicians and shop girls teamed up with the show team. There is of course the passenger talent show tonight so who knows I guess this could be even more entertaining maybe not for the right reasons !!!

Think today will fly by as lots to do with minor last minute paperwork and catching up with a few people we would like to stay in touch with, some crew and some passengers – and that is definitely a first for us, wanting to stay in touch!!!

Overall we think our best cruise yet, possibly influenced by getting married, hard to see how it could have been improved, but who knows. This may be the last blog as we get off tomorrow morning for a few days stay in San Francisco and not sure about internet access.

Will be in touch with you all soon,

Love from Nigel & Edina

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb