Planning to go crusin’ this year? New Cruise ships to consider this 2017


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
February 17th 2017
Published: February 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Longing for the open sea, the salty wind in your face and the elegance of adventure that awaits in exotic ports of the world? If your whims include duty-free shopping, gourmet cuisine, high-tech experiences, water park, go-cart track and a bedroom far more luxurious than any bed you’ve slept on – the cruise industry has your luxury travel as its focus.


Many major cruise lines, as well as an ambitious fleet of smaller ones, will launch in 2017, each one boasting new ports, features, and moves toward sustainability and cultural partnerships, all geared towards giving passengers a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience that will remove every care of the world from your daily life.



The new vessels are scheduled to slide into service this year, so plan ahead and prepare your cruise travel insurance for a hitch-free high-sea experience you’ll never forget. Let’s begin!

Seabourn Encore. The luxury line Seaborn are the pioneers of the small-ship, ocean travel experience. The company has recently launched the Seabourn Encore, which boasts as the fourth in its extravagant fleet. The Encore’s first voyage was in December 2016, which departed from Dubai to Singapore. Three-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller heads the culinary offering. The Encore features, pool, and whirlpool, casino, plus a water sports marina offering pedal boats, kayaks, and windsurfers.

Majestic Princess. China will be the lucky home to Princess Cruises’ new Royal Class ship, Majestic Princess, a 3,560-passenger ship that will be launching in the summer. The majestic Princess will offer a multi-story atrium that will boast a multi-atrium that will get busy with social activities, the adults-exclusive Sanctuary and the glass passageway SeaWalk, which extends beyond the edge of the ship ad over the ocean for an exciting visual vantage point.

Norwegian Joy. Norwegian Cruise Line’s new Norwegian Joy will cater to Chinese starting in the summer of 2017. This German-engineered vessel holds about 4,000 passengers and is appointed to fulfill the vacation and cruising needs of even the most discerning of the passenger. There is a two-level, electric-car raceway that lets up to 10 drivers to race, high-tech gaming, open-air laser tag, and virtual reality, along with karaoke, multi-story water slides, including the Double Aqua Loop free-fall slide.

MSC Meraviglia.The Meraviglia’s Italian name, which means “wonder” is an apt name for this extravagantly beautiful and feature-packed ship. There will be 12 restaurants, indoor promenade, and you’ll get to witness Cirque du Soleil at Sea six nights a week at the Carousel Lounge starting in June 2017. The Meraviglia has also moved toward efficiency, with scrubber technology to counterbalance carbon dioxide emissions and equipment to be water-emission free.

Viking Sky and Viking Sun. The sweetest and new addition to the fleet is the 10-deck Viking Sky and Viking Sun, which is set to launch this month (February) and November 2017 respectively. The 930-passenger luxury liners will join their sister ships, the Sea and Star, in creating a distinct emphasis on longer days and more overnighters in ports, moving from standard cruise offerings like floor shows and casinos.

Found a cruise line you’ll want to try out this year? Plan it with your friends and choose an affordable and comprehensive cruise travel insurance package in advance so you can maximize your high-sea adventure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb