Things to Look Out For When Hiring a Fishing Charter


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
February 8th 2017
Published: February 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

There are no shortage of fishing charters for you to choose from when it comes to your next fishing vacation and choosing which charter you will use is going to play a huge role in how much you get out of your vacation. I have used fishing charters each of the last 15 years for my annual fishing trip with my buddies and over those years I’ve learnt a thing or two about choosing the right one, with that in mind I wanted to offer you some advice on how to decide upon the best fishing charter for you.

Location is Key

It is well worth choosing a fishing charter that is near to where you are staying, especially if you plan to head out on the water for a consecutive days. Adding travel time to your day just isn’t worth it as you will just want to get out and get fishing as soon as you can. The same goes for when you come back on an evening, after a full day of fishing the last thing that you need is to have to take a journey back to your accommodation.

What Kind of Fishing Are You After

The type of fishing that you are looking for plays an important role in your choice of charter, different charters will offer in-shore, off-shore, night fishing and reef fishing. Just be sure that you ask ahead of time what kind of fishing your charter of choice offers, the last thing you want to do is arrive and discover that you’re heading out for some tuna fishing when all you wanted to do was catch some snappers.

Size Matters

Before selecting a fishing charter you need to make sure that they can accommodate your group size. Last year we headed out to Miami with a group of 8 and completely forgot to call the Miami fishing charter that we had hired to let them know the group size. The upshot was that when we arrived, they didn’t have space for all of us and had to call in a second boat, everything ended up alright but we lost almost a day of fishing trying to sort it out. If you are traveling in a group, be sure to let them know exactly how many people are going.

Reviews



If you are going to put your lives and the quality of your fishing trip into the hands of a captain then you ought to ensure that he or she are very good at what they do. The best way to ascertain this is to head online and look up some reviews from people who have used this charter in the past. Reviews can sometimes be manipulated so it is important that you read as many as you can find and take a cross-section of them before making your decision. Reading reviews can really help you to decide on whether this charter and its staff will suit the needs of you and your group.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.443s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb