How to Plan Your First Hawaiian Vacation in 5 Easy Steps!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
February 1st 2017
Published: February 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hawaii has something to offer for everyone, from adventure seekers all the way to families and organized groups looking for a change of pace and a mix of exoticism and familiarity. But taking an expensive vacation can seem impossible when the cost and logistics appear daunting, especially when it’s your first time visiting the archipelago. Fortunately, we’re here to tell you how to plan your first Hawaiian vacation in five easy steps to ensure your trip will ensure something in your price range and budget .

1. Decide What Islands You Want to Visit




There are several major Hawaiian islands. Each visit to another major island should be considered to be a day trip unless you are spending the night there. If you’re going to visit multiple islands, plan a longer stay or you’ll spend all your time traveling instead of enjoying the sights. In short, the more islands you want to visit, the longer your Hawaii vacation needs to be.

whales of Maui is in February. Snorkeling, hiking and the volcanoes are open year-round. If your plan is to soak up the sun on the beach, be wary of going during the winter and consider a summer trip instead. If you’re going to take in Polynesian culture or the rural areas of Hawaii, don’t go during the busy winter season.

Hawaii vacation when the weather is cold back home, and they try to arrange the trip when they have paid holiday time off, too.

The high traffic season continues as late as April. Conversely, taking a trip during the late spring or early fall means lower airfare costs and less competition with tourists. Traveling at these times also avoids the rainy “winter” weather that could ruin a Big Island visit in October or November. Summer travel to Hawaii isn’t as expensive as other destinations since most show up during the winter, though attractions may be crowded with locals instead of tourists. In general, you’ll find the best deals for your Hawaii vacation if you travel in March, April, August or September.

4. Start Planning on How You Will Save for this Trip



Nothing ruins the thrill of a vacation like worrying about the cost. Seeing the bills two to four weeks after you return home certainly dampens the memories the vacation creates. Start planning now on how much you can save per month toward the vacation. It is easier to cut back on eating out, skipping a few date nights, not taking that splurge trip to Vegas or delaying a new car purchase so that you can save up for a worry free, guilt free Hawaii vacation instead. Don’t borrow on credit cards or against your home to pay for a vacation – you’ll risk major fights when a credit card is declined or you’re upset a year later over how to pay down your debt.

5. Decide Where You Want to Stay



Your decision as to where you want to stay ranks second after travel as to the impact on the budget. You’ll pay more for a luxury resort, and you pay a premium for accommodations by the beach. All inclusive resorts, though, provide meals and entertainment as well as accommodations, something you may appreciate if you want to minimize the hassle of finding somewhere to eat each meal or want a single, consolidated bill at the end. If you are having trouble budgeting the trip, consider waiting for the next “slow” season to give yourself a few more months to be able to afford the trip.

Summary




If you follow the steps in this article, you should be able to enjoy your time on the islands. Decide which islands and activities you want to enjoy and determine the best time of year to visit. Start making decisions now on how to save on the vacation so you can go guilt-free. And also, don’t forget to decide how you’re willing to travel and stay so that you don’t end up in a packed tourist hotel on the beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.519s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb