5 Reasons to Visit Hawaii This Year


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
January 2nd 2017
Published: January 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hawaii is on most people’s “must see before I die” list. It was immortalized in Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI, but even if you were so out of it that you missed those classic 80s shows, you can’t fail to have missed the online images of crashing waterfalls, lush greenery and amazing beaches. Sure, it’s a bit of a trek from some parts of the world, but once you have walked on Hawaiian shores, you can’t fail to be moved to tears by the sheer beauty of this amazing place. To help convince you further, here are five reasons why you need to book a Hawaii vacation this year.

Stairway to Heaven

No, we are not talking about the iconic Led Zeppelin track about the “lady who’s sure all that glitters is gold”. Instead, we are referring to the wonderful Haiku Stairs on Oahu. If you are fit enough to trek up all 3,922 stairs, you will be treated to the most amazing views. The staircase is steep, narrow, but this is one experience you won’t get anywhere else in the world.

Visit the Volcanoes



Hawaii is in the Pacific Ring of Fire, so each island was formed by volcanic activity. Naturally, you probably wouldn’t want to visit Hawaii in the middle of a major eruption, but you can still see some active volcanoes and get up close and personal to a crater. It’s a great place to learn more about volcanoes and how they work; it’s also a lot warmer than Iceland!

Swim with the Sharks



The waters around Hawaii offer some excellent opportunities for scuba diving, snorkeling and general enjoyment of the underwater reefs and local wildlife. You will see turtles, all kinds of colorful fish, and sharks. Ideally, you won’t bump into a shark unexpectedly, but if you would like to get up close and personal to a shark, book a shark cage trip and see how long your nerve holds when a Great White takes an interest in your cage.

Surf’s Up



The Hawaiians invented surfing, or so they say. Surfing is a great sport for adrenaline junkies and if you love to hit the surf when you are on vacation, Hawaii offers some amazing surfing opportunities. Oahu’s North Shore is renowned for being technically challenging to experienced surfers. For huge waves, check out Waimea Bay, or if you are a complete newbie, head down to White Plains Beach and book a lesson with a pro.

The World’s Best Waterfalls



Hawaii is an incredibly lush place and there are plenty of amazing waterfalls to admire. You may have seen Niagara Falls in the flesh, but wait until you arrive on Hawaii – you will be amazed at the number of beautiful waterfalls on the islands. The Honokohau Falls in the West Maui Mountains are spectacular, although you may need to book a helicopter ride to appreciate the awesomeness of this attraction.

Now we have whetted your appetite, it’s time to start planning your Hawaiian itinerary!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.47s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb