Caribbean update


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
January 13th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks,
First day of married life yesterday slipped away in the warm Caribbean sunshine. In the pool for a swim and we enjoyed a nice deckside BBQ. Day two of married life (today Thursday) found us in Barbados and a busy day off on a Catamaran (as if we hadn't had enough of boats!) Sailed up the coast with a very jolly Barbadian crew. Stopped off for snorkeling with Caribe Turtles, Nigel reporting turtles of about 3ft long, and plenty of them! I personally was a little more cautious but even staying nearer to the boat, was visited by smaller (but plenty big enough for me) baby turtles. More snorkeling a little further up the coast over a reef and a wreck surrounded by shoals of fish. After everyone had finished the serious snorkeling we were then plied with plenty of rum punch and traditional Caribbean food which made for a very jovial and enjoyable sail home to Arcadia. Some shopping for random stuff occurred – as is usual not to disappoint the locals – somehow we now have a monkey hanging from the ceiling of our cabin and a random fridge magnet:-)
The evening begun with a sailaway party on deck with a mixture of UK and Ozzie tunes and ended in the disco jive dancing to a reasonably good Karaoke singer... they do exist!

Anyway enjoy the pictures and more updates soon
x


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.3kb