Mataranka


Advertisement
Oceania
August 19th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mataranka is a place of contrasts thats for sure!.
As you exit off the highway all you really see is termite mounds , gum trees and desert Nothing wrong with that but when you get down to the Bitter Springs, a natural Artesian fed spring that is as hot as it is clean and clear just slaps you in the face. To describe the depth of clarity and the blueness of the water is difficult. We went down one night to the spring and swam under a full moon in the warm water, now that was just the best experience, we lazed and talked for hours before getting out , to the cold, and heading home. The water temp is a warm 32 degrees all year round. Just perfect on the cold desert nights as the steam rises like a mist above the spring.

Mataranka has two springs , One is called the Mataranka Thermal springs and the other is the Bitter Springs , now we dont know why they have the bitter name? We think they are better, but visit both and make your own mnd up. ( Bitter is Better )
The Nature of the drive till you
AHHHHHAHHHHHAHHHHH

This is eye candy to the dusty desert traveller
arrive here just heightens the appeal of the place with its crystal clear waters and lush palm lined shores this is truly an oasis.
We can now say that we have been to an Oasis, I just love that word when i have Mataranka on my mind.

Mataranka = Oasis

We stayed there for a day and a night then pressed on to see family in Katherine, We have vowed to return and return we will.

For Katherine we have the next entry so as usual check the shots and notice the contrast of Red Dust and Azure blue.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Termite MoundTermite Mound
Termite Mound

This one is seven foot tall, Over two metres
TERMITE MOUNDSTERMITE MOUNDS
TERMITE MOUNDS

BUILD A HOUSE HERE....ONLY IF ITS STEEL
NEVER NEVERNEVER NEVER
NEVER NEVER

NAME SAYS IT ALL, YOU'LL NEVER NEVER KNOW IF YOU NEVER NEVER GO!


24th August 2006

WOW...
Hey guys, great to sit and read the whole story, cant wait to read more. makes me wish i could be doing the same thing... one day :) Talk soon Gordon and Darren

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb