The Famous Daly Waters Pub, Famous for what????


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Daly Waters
August 18th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Stick something on the wall of tourismStick something on the wall of tourismStick something on the wall of tourism

They say that you should leave something of yourself attached to the wall.....
When we were at Tamworth earlier in the year we met this solo lady traveller named Dee, now she helped us with a few things that only a genuine nice person would. It wasnt anything but time that she gave us but she gave it freely. We vowed to meet up some 4000 kilometres later at a place where she had been helping out. Enter Daly Waters Pub!

We dont wish to sound negative but the place is a Tourist stop, if you want to see a real outback pub go to Adelaide river Inn. The Daly Waters Pub ( DWP ) do a Barra and Beef night every night, for $18.50 . For that you get a 7.00 steak and salad available at any hotel bistro anywhere , the whole place was trying too hard to be Australiana , yes there is a lot of elderly caravan people who would disagree with me on this and thats fine, t I guess we expect more than the manufactured rubbish that Daly Waters dishes out.

You could never complain after all the great things we have seen when you do come across a dud it just pales into insignificance. bye
ROBIN FALLS CAMP SITEROBIN FALLS CAMP SITEROBIN FALLS CAMP SITE

The sound of the small waterfall was so nice after all the desert dryness
Daly, Ill leave on a high note, The Adelaide River Inn, They have the preserved remains of the Water Buffalo that starred in Crocodile Dundee, The whole place is set out fantastic, they have buy two get the third night for free camping , the amenities are 5 star. The meals are fresh and priced well we got the steak and salad for under ten dollars and it was more than enough!

And the Robin falls were the best camp, you would fall out of the front door into crystal clear croc free freshwater creek. see photo, Well thats enough of this entry, i am off to do a bit now, check out the shots and see ya next time!






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Moments prior.....Moments prior.....
Moments prior.....

The uneasy truce just did'nt hold.
Our mate DEEOur mate DEE
Our mate DEE

The only good thing about Daly Waters was seeing Dee again!! Jo with Dee
Dee and DeanDee and Dean
Dee and Dean

Great Character .... Our Dee


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb