Driving to the Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Oceania
November 3rd 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to those who left comments...we forgot the cable to load pictures on our i-pad so will have to show you when we return!

Today we rented a car in Sydney and drove on the left side of the road.....in pouring rain! Janet is a notorious back seat driver but did her best to 'zip it'.....okay one time she shrieked at Paul that he was going the wrong way on a one way street....he wasn't. Paul did keep fiddling with the wipers...he thought he was signaling lane changes but all he was doing was changing the wiper speed...oh well.

We stopped at a wildlife park and Janet finally got to pet and feed koalas and kangaroos, all the while barking at Paul "take a picture!!".

We made it to the Blue Mountains in heavy rain and have a lovely lunch in Leura. Stopped at the visitor center to get a map for tomorrow's hike. As always, the woman behind the counter was super friendly. After she described the recommended hike Janet mentioned she was scared of heights and she quickly told us this hike involved ladders on cliffs. Needless to say we are taking the alternate hike, which we have been assured is just as lovely. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.2kb