Day 2 at Coral Sea Dreaming


Advertisement
Oceania
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up early again to see Julie already on veranda reading her book at 6.30am. We talked about a million things and before we knew it - it was 9.30 so it was time for a dip in the pool. Weather was glorious sunshine so it was lovely to just float around (with cozzie on this time). There are lots of beautiful birds around and Julie knows all their names, not individual names you understand, that would be silly, but the name of the species.

Let me give you a quick resume of Julie and Daves house, it is in 2 acres of land that has lots of huge tropical trees and plants all around it. The house is white and very tall and long, the bedrooms are downstairs with bathrooms obviously. Upstairs is the living area, which has two ends one has the lounge and the other has the kitchen and dining area (huge) and then all around the house is a veranda going the fulll length and this is where they live for most of the time. All the flooring is wood, there are full length windows everywhere and it really is gorgious - and i feel quite at home.

Today Julie had arranged for her girlie friends to come for lunch they arrived at about 12.30 and stayed till 5.30 !!! long lunches in Oz. There was Virginia, Debs, Lynne and Swedish Tina they were all lovely and we had a great afternoon with lots of bubbly and beautiful food. Some of us had a tad more bubbles than others but no names !!!! David brought out some old photos that were of me and the exmouth girlies, including Julies good bye ones from work !!! Great hairstyles and specs to laugh at - including my famous Deirdre Barlow ones !!!! the 80's fashion houses have a lot to answer for.

Swidish Tina educated me about the virtues of onions in treating ear ache, sore throats and general virus illness. David told numerous stories about everything - including the difficulites of trying to have a wee when in a lycra ski suit that only zips down to the mid chest area!!!

I killed my first mozzie by clapping and catching him inbetween my hands ..... little devils they are !!!!!

I made a spag bol for tea as Julie had a slight headache ...... god knows why ???

Early night for everyone, tomorrow i'm hoping to see some crocks ..... whoo hoo !!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb